Italian bread, coarse country style
12 ounces mushrooms or 12 ounces
wild mushrooms, sliced
( or a mix shitake, oyster and cremi)
parsley, fresh chopped
fresh ground black pepper
arugula, washed and dried
extra virgin olive oil
- Roast Garlic Place garlic on tin foil.
- Sprinkle garlic heads with oil, close foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes Mushroom Salad Cut bread into 1/2" slices.
- Toast or grill.
- Squeeze garlic out of skins and mash.
- Spread the roasted garlic on the toasted bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on high.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden and tender.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Take off heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Place the arugula on serving plates, top with the toast, scatter the mushrooms over top and sprinkle with remaining olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve warm.
- Cooking time includes roasting garlic--.