1 (16 ounce) packages
fresh turkey cutlets
pitted ripe olives
pimento stuffed olive
olive oil or
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon
( to garnish)
- Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
- With a meat mallet, pound each turkey cutlet to 1/4-inch thickness; rub cutlets with 1 tsp salt and set aside.
- Prepare tomato-olive relish: chop tomatoes and olives; place in a bowl; stir in capers, vinegar, sugar, 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a small bowl, mix minced basil and 1/4 cup olive or salad oil.
- Place cutlets on grill over medium heat; brush with oil mixture; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning cutlets occasionally and brushing with oil mixture, cook until no longer pink inside.
- Place turkey cutlets on platter; top with tomato-olive relish and garnish with basil leaves.