2 (12 ounce) boxes
sifted powdered sugar
4 -5 teaspoons
green food coloring
yellow food coloring
red food coloring
shredded sweetened coconut
2 (10 ounce) packages
( anything resembling the girl scouts' "thin mints")
- Place whole, perfect vanilla wafers on 2 trays; one with wafers facing up, the other with wafers facing down.
- Each tray should have the same number of wafers (35-40).
- Brush wafers (rounded side up) with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Set aside.
- To color coconut, place in small container with several drops of green food coloring.
- shake well and let sit.
- To make"cheese" frosting, whip powdered sugar and milk together til smooth.
- add yellow and red food coloring til desired orange tint is achieved.
- To assemble"cheeseburgers", use dab of frosting to glue peppermint cookies into place on to wafer (flat side up).
- This is your"burger".
- Now spread frosting"cheese" on and sprinkle with green coconut"lettuce".
- Dab with frosting again and top with sesame wafer.
- Repeat until all"burgers" are made.