1 cup soft butter (about 200g) or 1 cup
( about 200g)
2 1/2 cups
self rising flour
8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 8 ounces
chopped green onion
1/2 lb crumbled feta or 1/2 lb
grated romano cheese
1/2 cup grated edam cheese (any other cheese you have inn the house) or 1/2 cup
another hard cheese
( any other cheese you have inn the house)
fat free cream cheese
fat free sour cream
1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup
- prepare dough by mixing ingredients together by hand until well blended.
- refrigerate until filling is ready.
- Cook the green onion in the butter/margarine over low heat until just cooked, and let cool at room temperature.
- place the cheeses, cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a food processor.
- pulse until blended.
- The mixture does not need to reach a totally creamy consistency.
- Mix in 2- 3 eggs depending on how thick you want the filling to be.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- flatten out 2/3 of the dough in a 9X13 inch pan, and preheat oven to 350.
- Pour filling into pan over crust.
- roll the remaining dough between your palms into strips and lay over the filling back and forth (make a lattice pattern).
- Top with parmesan, sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffy.