( fairly thin)
( thin skinned)
fresh basil, chopped
cauliflower, broken into flowerets
fresh green peas
( haven't found frozen I liked yet)
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Sometimes I add a hot pepper sauce for some bite.
- In a 5-qt pan over med heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stir occasionally, until veggies are soft but not brown (10 min).
- Add potato, tomatoes, stock, basil to pan.
- Bring to boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and zucchini and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer for about 5 minutes or until all veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheese.