1 (20 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple, drained
( reserve juice)
maraschino cherry, halves
1 (18 ounce) boxes pineapple cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Pineapple Cake Mix) or 1 (18 ounce) boxes
yellow cake mix
( I used Betty Crocker Pineapple Cake Mix)
1 1/4 cups
( use part reserved pineapple juice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in bundt pan in oven.
- Spray cooking spray on the parts of the pan that aren't covered by the melted butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter.
- Place maraschino cherries on top of sugar.
- Spread crushed pineapple over all.
- Mix cake ingredients according to the package directions regarding time and mixer speeds.
- Pour cake mix over topping ingredients in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Test for doneness, knife or toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving platter and remove pan carefully so none of the topping stays in the pan.
- Cool completely before serving.