pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
onion, thinly sliced
- Saute onion in butter.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Combine garlic, pepper, flour, sage and thyme and press onto both sides of meat.
- Brown pork chops in pan with remaining butter, remove the chops.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to pan and bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to pan and cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and add remaining 1/4 cup wine to pan.
- Broil over high heat until reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Pour sauce over chops and top with onions.