active dry yeast
( room temperature)
additional pats butter
- Add sugar to warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
- When foamy, mix with warm milk, 1/4 c soft butter and egg.
- Add flour and salt to food processor and pulse a few times.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients through top tube with processor running and process until ball of dough forms.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape, putting a piece of butter inside each roll (1/4 to 1/2 pat of butter).
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheet, cover and let rise until doubled (about 30 to 45 minutes).
- Brush tops with melted butter and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.