ground buffalo meat
lean ground beef
Egg Beaters egg substitute
italian seasoning mix
mozzarella cheese, cubed
( fresh mozzarella is espeically good but part skim helps keep the fat down and works well)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredient except for the cheese, mixing well.
- Adjust the amount of egg beaters and bread crumbs if nessecary to give a good consistency.
- Meet should hold together well but not be too sticky.
- Take enough meat in your hand to fill your palm, then flatten it out a bit.
- Put a cheese cube in the center of the meat, then close the edges around it.
- Roll into a good sphere and put on a baking pan.
- Repeat it until you've used all the meat.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
- Some cheese may leak from the centers, don't worry about it.
- If you want to save the meatballs for another day, let them cool then put them in the fridge (or freezer).
- To reheat simmer in enough tomato sauce to cover your meatballs.
- If you're eating them tonight, go ahead and add them to your sauce now.
- You can serve them over pasta or on a roll.