cooking onion, diced
green pepper, diced
( i.e.: Tabasco, chipotles hot sauce recommended)
1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs
egg, slightly beaten
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, until golden.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until the onion is soft.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt and hot sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine contents of skillet with the salsa, ground meat, breadcrumbs and egg.
- Spoon mixture in large loaf pan.
- Place in preheated 350 F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve with Salsa and sour cream on the side.