1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
butter spritz cookies
1 1/2 cups
( Italian cream cheese)
lemons, grated rind and juice
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Brush 9-inch springform pan with melted butter, reserve remainder.
- Place cookies (biscotti and spritz cookies) in large baggie and crush with rolling pin.
- Place crushed cookies in bowl, add butter and mix with fork to combine.
- Press cookie crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place remaining ingredients (ricotta- eggs) in a large bowl and mix using a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 1 hour- 1 hour 20 minutes or until sides start to turn golden and center has a slight bounce.
- Remove from oven and let cool (cheesecake will finish cooking while cooling).
- Cool completely and remove from pan.