2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons
Splenda sugar substitute
hot chili flakes
minced fresh ginger
- Rinse and drain green beans;trim off and discard stem ends.
- Cut green beans into 2- to 3-inch lengths.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili flakes, and white pepper.
- Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat.
- When pan is hot, add green beans and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook, stirring once, until beans are bright green and slightly crunchy to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until any remaining water has evaporated.
- Add oil, garlic, and ginger to pan stir until green beans and garlic are slightly browned, 1to 2 minutes.
- Stir soy mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce thickens and coats the beans, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Serve hot or cold.