2 -3 cloves
butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 tablespoons
good quality crusty Italian bread
sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop garlic in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients, except for bread and mozzarella.
- Process in short bursts, until spread is rough and lumpy.
- Slice bread into 3/4 inch slices, not all the way through, leave bottom crust connected.
- Spread each side of each slice with the butter spread.
- Place a piece of mozzarella between the slices.
- Brush top and sides of the loaf with butter spread.
- Wrap the loaf in foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted throughout.
- Open foil and return to oven for 5 minutes.