ripe small strawberries
the lime, juice of
finely grated lime zest
grated fresh ginger
- Wash the strawberries, and hull them, and cut them in half if they are large.
- (Which they are not, right? See above.) Put them in the bowl from which they are to be served.
- Grate the zest from the lime, and put it in a small saucepan (or a small microwaveable bowl) with the honey, the lime juice, and the ginger.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, and as soon as the honey is dissolved and the syrup is hot, pour it over the strawberries.
- Mix them gently.
- Chill them, and serve them cold.
- Cream is nice but by no means required.