3 -4 cloves
garlic, chopped finely
thinly sliced prosciutto
1 (28 ounce) cans
whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
( only a kind you would drink)
salt and pepper
crushed red pepper flakes
freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
- add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
- add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes stirring alot.
- add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
- cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
- add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- toss with the cheese and serve immediately.