1 1/2-2 cups
( Martha White is wonderful)
( a little more to make like a pancake type mixture Or 1 cup of milk and a little mayonnaise to make t)
- Preheat 450 degrees put oil in iron skillet until ready to use.
- Mix the cornmeal, egg and milk together.
- When oil is real hot pour over cornmeal mixture.
- Once mixed together, pour back into the 10" iron skillet.
- Place in the oven until golden brown on the top.
- The best cornbread comes from a well seasoned skillet.
- The blacker the better!
- I have never used 2 1/2 cups of the corn meal. I have heard of the flour but if done right I swear it's like slicing bread.