1 (3 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
2 1/2-3 lbs
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
- Stir together the cream cheese, garlic salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks and boil till soft.
- Mash (or with electric mixer) the potaotes till they are in fine lumps.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and beat till fluffy and smooth.
- Spoon into well buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Dot with paprika.
- Bake covered in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes (if made the day before and refrigerated, cook for 50 minutes).
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes to a golden brown.