1 (8 g) packages dry yeast (for faster rising use 1 tablespoon yeast) or 2 1/4 teaspoons
( for faster rising use 1 tablespoon yeast)
( 105 F)
2 1/4 cups
( 105 F)
1 1/2 teaspoons
( can use 1 teaspoon)
TOP OF CRUST
1/8 teaspoon thyme or 1/8 teaspoon
- In a bowl, dissolve the dry yeast in 1/4 cup warm water (105 F is a perfect temperature) with 1 teaspoon sugar; let sit for 5-7 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- Turn out on board and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place back in bowl, covered with a damp towel, and let rise for 34-40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 parts, and place in 3 olive oil-coated pizza pie pans; dimple dough with fingers.
- On top of dough, sprinkle a very small amount (approx 1/8 tsp each) of the following ingredients: Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, chopped rosemary OR thyme.
- Let dough rise 50-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- The baked crusts can be frozen and reheated at a later time.