thin dried noodles
peeled and roughly chopped green ginger
coriander root, stems and leaves
skinless chicken breasts
light coconut milk
lime, juice of
finely sliced green onions
fresh bean sprout
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Put chillies, garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, fresh coriander and oil into food processor and process to a coarse paste.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the paste and fry for 1 minute, stir well.
- Add coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to boil, simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice.
- Divide noodles between bowls and ladle soup over them.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves, green onions,bean shoots and lime wedges.