chicken breast halves
cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 oz
cooking white wine
sliced mushrooms, 16 oz,drained
2 (6 ounce) packages
long grain and wild rice blend
- Mix water, onion, celery, wine, salt, and curry powder in large saucepan.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for one hour.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Reserve broth.
- Place chicken in fridge to cool.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions, replacing water with reserved broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chicken, mushrooms, and rice in bowl.
- Blend in soup and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon mixture into dish.
- Cook for one hour.
- NOTE: If mixture is chilled before cooking, allow to stand at room temp for 30 mins before baking.