onion, finely chopped
1 -1 3/4 cup water or 1 -1 3/4 cup
- Brush steaks with melted butter.
- Trim and cut into fat to prevent curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- --To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- Remove from heat cover with foil then whisk flour gradually into pan.
- Add water or stock.
- Return to heat.
- Add brown sugar, Dijon, and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer gently for about 3-5 minutes to cook flour.
- If sauce seems a little thick, add more water.
- Add whiskey and season to taste.
- Place ham steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.