red potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
carrots, peeled and sliced
celery ribs, sliced
fresh green beans
( frozen can be substituted)
ground round, divided
dried thyme, divided
1 -1 1/2 cup
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a 3 quart casserole (I use a 9 x 13 pyrex dish), layer half the potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans and onion.
- Crumble half the uncooked beef over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each thyme and pepper, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake about 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender and meat is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.