2 (1/4 ounce) package
fast rising yeast
( 90 degrees)
- In a medium bowl combine water, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Let sit until foam appears on the top.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer combine the yeast mixture with the olive oil, salad oil, and 3 cups of the flour.
- With the whip attachment, beat for 10 minutes.
- Clean and remove the whip attachment. Add the remaining flour and cheese.
- With the dough hook attachment in place, slowly pulse the mixer on and off until the flour is incorporated.
- Continue kneading on medium speed for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is smooth and no longer clings to the sides of the mixer.
- If you need to add more flour, do so 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough is no longer sticking to the sides.
- Transfer the dough to a large, oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm location and allow to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and allow to rise a second time.
- After the second rise the dough is ready to be divided and rolled, or stored in the freezer.