chopped fresh mushrooms
boneless skinless chicken breast
( cut into small pieces)
garlic cloves, minced
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup
diced Velveeta cheese
cooked instant rice
1 (10 ounce) boxes
frozen broccoli, cut, thawed, drained
ground black pepper
vegetable oil cooking spray
( your preference)
- Melt butter over high heat, add chopped mushrooms.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium high and cook until chicken is just cooked through.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute longer.
- Add undiluted chicken soup and velveeta cheese, stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and add cooked rice, thawed broccoli, sour cream, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture together and spoon into casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil.
- Spread shredded cheese over top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- NOTE: Instant rice makes this a quick and easy recipe.
- Instant rice can be made in the microwave in about 4 minutes while the chicken is cooking.
- If you prefer other rice then make it ahead of time.