1 -2 slice
salt & pepper
- In 12" skillet, cook bacon on med hi heat. Remove bacon from skillet, but leave bacon drippings.
- Add 1 TBSP butter and diced onion. When transparent, remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium, lightly salt and pepper both sides of pork chops and place in skillet. Brown both sides (approx 2-4 minutes each).
- Chop up bacon, and add both bacon and cooked onion to skillet.
- Add 3/4 cup water (add more if you want more gravy), 1 TBSP butter, cover and simmer until cooked (5-10 minutes - but can simmer for up to 45 minutes easily).
- Just before serving, mix 2 TBSP cornstarch with cool tap water (approx 1/4 cup).
- Place pork chops on plates, add corn starch/water mixture to gravy/drippings in skillet and bring to quick boil stirring frequently to form thick gravy.