freshly shredded parmesan cheese
finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; as butter starts to melt, add minced garlic into the saucepan.
- Once butter has melted, remove from heat and pour garlic butter mixture into a low flat dish, like a soup plate or pie pan.
- In another low, flat dish, combine panko, parmesan, and parsley if using (some kids don't like green bits in their food, so feel free to leave out); add salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
- Preheat oven to 400F; have ready a baking pan that's been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken tenderloin from breasts and leave whole, then cut breasts crosswise into strips.
- Roll chicken pieces into garlic butter, then completely dredge in panko mixture; place on prepared baking pan.
- Should you have any panko mixture left over when you are done, sprinkle over chicken strips; should you have any melted butter left over, pour over chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.