onion soup mix
finely shredded cheddar cheese
( 4 ounces)
bacon, cooked and crumbled
( about 30 crackers)
- FOR THE MEATBALLS: In a bowl, combine egg and soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Divide into 36 portions; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and milk until smooth.
- Add cheese and bacon; mix well.
- Shape cheese mixture into 36 balls.
- Shape one beef portion around each cheese ball.
- FOR THE COATING: In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Place cracker crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip meatballs into egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in oil for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and coating is golden brown.
- Yield: 3 dozen.