cabbage leaves, blanched
corned beef, roughly chopped
celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
egg, beaten slightly
cooked brown rice
spicy brown mustard
beef bouillon cube
1 (12 ounce) cans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place corned beef in a food processor and chop finely, remove.
- Add onion and celery and finely chop.
- In a bowl, combine egg, rice and mustard.
- Mix in corned beef, onion, and celery.
- Place 1/2 cup on each cabbage leaf and roll up tucking in ends and place seam seam side down in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water, add beer and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and pour out 1 cup of liquid.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, stir and cook over low heat 1 minute.
- Add liquid, increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Pour over cabbage rolls and serve with additional mustard.