( preferably breasts & thighs, but whatever you want works)
salt and pepper
1 (4 ounce) cans
sliced mushrooms, drained
- Rinse chicken parts and pat dry.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- In skillet, melt butter and quickly brown chicken parts. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and mushrooms in skillet. Add sherry to skillet and stir, scraping to remove browned bits. Pour contents of skillet into crock pot over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours (HIGH 4 hrs).
- Serve chicken over fluffy rice and spoon sauce over top.