3 tablespoons flour or 3 tablespoons
( I use buttermilk baking mix)
3 1/2 cups
( or more if you like a thinner soup More milk can be added as needed after soup is completed.)
condensed cream of potato soup
1 1/2 lbs shrimp or 1 1/2 lbs scallops or 1 1/2 lbs clams or 1 1/2 lbs
( whatever you want your soup to be I like to use shrimp, scallops and whole baby clams. I've even use)
chopped fresh parsley
( to garnish)
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Saute' celery and onion until tender.
- Add cayenne pepper, thyme, marjoram and flour or baking mix and stir until smooth.
- Add milk and condensed soup and stir until piping hot.
- Meanwhile clean and chop seafood as you like.
- I usually halve the shrimp and then cut one half in half and leave the other half whole.
- If using extra large scallops I usually quarter them.
- When soup is piping hot add seafood and stir on medium heat until seafood is cooked through.
- Serve in bowls topped with some fresh parsley along with some crusty bread or oyster crackers and a nice salad.