fresh asparagus, steamed and cut into 1-inch pieces
red pepper, chopped
onion, sliced thin
Italian bread, cubed
shredded swiss cheese, divided
cooked ham, cubed
2 1/2 cups
- Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add steamed asparagus, red pepper and onion.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the prepared pan layer bread, ham, vegetables and 1 cup cheese.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Pour evenly over bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 45-55 minutes, until golden.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over top and bake until cheese melts.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting.