( I've always used sour milk)
( use completely black bananas, this is very important)
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease or spray 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a masher or by well washed hands.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk-- use a larger container as it will foam up quite a bit.
- Mix all ingredients by hand and add in 1 cup chopped nuts. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out ALMOST clean.
- Totally clean will mean a dryer loaf.
- Let cool 15 minutes after removing from oven and remove from pans.
- Or, let cool, cover with foil, slide into freezer bags and freeze.
- Great when using tin foil pans.