1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) or 1 1/4 cups
fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless french bread
eggs, beaten to blend
boneless skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to 1/3 inch thickness between plastic wrap
low sodium chicken broth
green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine panko, wasabi powder, salt, and pepper in large shallow dish.
- Place eggs in pie dish.
- Dip chicken, 1 breast at a time, in egg, then in panko mixture.
- Turn to coat completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté 2 chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add teriyaki sauce, sake, and chicken broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve.