sun-maid dried apple
( cut in chunks)
sun-maid seedless raisin
fine dry breadcrumbs
dry white wine
pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick seasoned with salt pepper thyme
- In saucepan combine apple juice and apples; simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add raisins and let stand 5 minutes; drain, reserving liquid.
- Combine cooked fruit mixture, walnuts, and bread crumbs.
- Stir together sugar, wine, lemon juice, and ginger.
- Add to bread mixture, tossing lightly to moisten.
- Cut pockets in fat side of seasoned chops, cutting lengthwise to bone.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into each pocket.
- If necessary, use wooden picks to hold pockets closed.
- In large skillet brown chops in hot oil.
- Place chops in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle chops with a little salt and pepper.
- Add ¼ cup reserved apple liquid to pan, adding water if necessary.
- Bake chops, covered, in 350°F oven for 1 hour.