2 1/4 cups
1 (8 g) packages
fast rising yeast
cooking apples, peeled cored and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, UNDISSOLVED yeast and salt.
- Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120 to 130 degrees F).
- Gradually add to dry ungredients, with the eggs
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour to make a STIFF batter.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over batter.
- For topping: Combine all ingredients; mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over apples.
- Cover, let rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Bake in 375 degree oven, for 35-40 minutes, or until done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.