1 1/4 cups
ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/4 teaspoons
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or 3/4 cup
- In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended; stir in vanilla and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool, then dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- *UsefulTip: Or replace sour cream with 1 cup of banana yogurt or vanilla yogurt.