unsliced French bread
( 16 oz.)
shredded mozzarella cheese
egg, lightly beaten
chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
- Cut off ends of loaf;set aside.
- Hollow out loaf with a long serrated knife,leaving a 1/2 in.
- Process bread removed from inside loaf in a food processor to make bread crumbs.
- Cook sausage,beef,onion in a large skillet until meat is browned,stirring until it crumbles;Drain.
- Stir in 1 cup breadcrumbs,cheese,and next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon into shell,replace loaf ends,securing with wooden toothpicks.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic;cook 1 min.
- Brush garlic butter over loaf.
- Wrap loaf in foil,leaving top open slightly;place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 25 min.
- Cut into 4 pieces.