( 1 lb sliced is ~37 slices)
( sliced ~ 1/2" thick)
( ~ 2 pt or 49 peppers)
extra virgin olive oil
onion, thinly sliced
- Wash cherry peppers and place whole, stems intact, in 1 gallon jar.
- Fill jar with white vinegar.
- Let stand at least one week.
- I've let them soak as long as 3 weeks.
- You may need to add more vinegar to keep the jar full as the peppers soak it in.
- The peppers will float, make sure to keep them covered.
- After soaking for at least a week, pour out vinegar and rinse peppers in cool water.
- Remove stems and seeds.
- Expect to lose 3 or 4 peppers during soaking.
- Cut provolone to the appropriate size to fill the peppers.
- (~1/2" cube) Cut the Proscuitto slices in half.
- Wrap the provolone with a 1/2 slice of Proscuitto (or 2 for larger peppers) and stuff into pepper.
- Add some Olive Oil to the jar.
- Add Onion, Rosemary, 2 or 3 Bay Leaves, Dill Weed, Basil and chopped Garlic to oil.
- Place the peppers in the jar and fill the jar with 50% Olive Oil and 50% Canola Oil.
- Top off the jar with a sprikle coating of Parmesan cheese.
- Let soak a minimum of one week.
- I let them soak and store them at room temperature.
- You may want to refrigerate for longer shelf life.
- (I've had shelf life in excess of one month) ENJOY!