pasta shells, cooked al dente,and drained
1 (12 ounce) jars
mild picante sauce
1 (8 ounce) cans
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chilies
1 (8 ounce) packages
shredded monterey jack cheese
1 (2 7/8 ounce) packages
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Combine picante sauce, water and tomato sauce.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the picante mixture into ground beef along with green chilies, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup Frence Fried Onions; mix well.
- Pour half of the remaining picante mixture on bottom of a 9X12 baking dish.
- Stuff cooked shells with ground beef mixture.
- Arrange shells in baking dish and pour remaining sauce over the shells.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions, then return to oven and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer.