1 1/2 lbs
apple, cored but not peeled, finely chopped
green onions with top, Chopped
brown and serve sausages
instant beef bouillon
- Mix the meat, apple, onion, egg and seasonings together.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal parts.
- Mold each part around a sausage link, sealing the ends.
- Brown the meat rolls in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the meat rolls.
- Pour all but 2 Tbls of the fat from the skillet.
- Stir the flour into the remaining fat.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the bouillon and water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly and then reduce the heat.
- Return the meat rolls to the skillet; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE: Buttered noodles are a good "go-with" for this zesty dish.