1 1/2 cups
2 -3 tablespoons
2 1/2 cups
whole wheat flour
unbleached white flour
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, brown sugar (if using) and 2 tbsp vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flours, cornmeal and oats.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients; beat with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and place it on a sheet of floured wax paper.
- Roll or pat out the dough to a thickness of 1/4- 1/2 inch.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (preferably one shaped like a doggie biscuit), and place the bicuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; turn off the heat and leave the bicuits in the oven for 1 hour with the heat turned off.