round mozzarella cheese, about 1/4 inch thick
fresh basil leaves
fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes and spoon out the innards.
- Sprinkle each tomato with salt and turn upside down on a wire rack.
- Let sit for 20 to 25 minutes to get rid of a lot of the juices.
- Place two basil leaves at the bottom of each tomato then one slice of cheese, sprinkle with pepper and repeat.
- Place tomatoes in a square baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted to the point you would like it.
- Serving Sugestions: Garlic bread, lasagna, beef stew, pepper steak.