head of cabbage
2 to taste
salt and pepper
- Thaw two loaves of frozen bread dough or make the equivalent amount using your favorite bread recipe.
- While dough thaws, make the filling.
- Brown the hamburger and drain, then return to pan.
- Add cabbage and onion and cook down.
- Salt and pepper to taste (1 tsp pepper recommended).
- Let dough rise, then punch down and roll a portion to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut into 4" x 8" pieces and add about 1/2 cup meat mixture to each.
- Fold dough pieces over and seal the edges, then place seam-side-down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise 20-30 minutes, then bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Call Nebraska natives not in attendance and gloat (taunting not advised).