whole wheat flour
( add another tablespoon if needed)
sifted powdered sugar
( add another 1/2 teaspoon if needed)
( add another 2 tablespoons if needed)
- Combine both flours, salt and baking powder and reserve.
- In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Blend the reserved dry ingredients into the butter mixture using a fork or pastry blender.
- Sprinkle the water over the mixture, stirring with a fork until the dough is moist enough to hold together.
- Do not use more water than necessary.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with cookie cutters; place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven 14 to 17 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Frost when cool.
- To make the frosting: Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Blend in enough milk to reach desired consistency.