1 (8 ounce) packages
fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups
( may use evaporated milk)
freshly grated parmesan cheese
dry white wine
3 cups chopped cooked turkey or 3 cups
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and set aside until needed.
- Saute mushrooms in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Set mushrooms aside.
- Wipe out pan.
- Melt butter in pan and add flour gradually, stirring with a whisk to form a roux.
- Cook until bubbly, then add broth slowly and keep stirring with whisk until mixture becomes thick.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Stir in cream, Parmesan, and wine, mixing until cheese melts.
- Mix in turkey and mushrooms.
- Toss spaghetti with sauce mixture, coating noodles thoroughly.
- Place noodles in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the top of noodles.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg lightly over the top of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake noodles at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.