( I use fat-free and no one knows the difference!)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
bacon, crisp and crumbled
( or 1 c. real bacon bits)
- Microwave (or bake in oven at 400 for 1hr) the potatoes until done.
- Allow to cool a bit.
- Slice about a 1" strip of the skin off the top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp, placing in a large bowl, and leaving potato shells intact.
- Mash the potato pulp along with the margarine.
- Add milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper; combining well.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells, piling high.
- Top with the crumbled bacon or bacon bits.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.