duncan hines devil's food cake mix
( or any brand)
1 1/3 cups
frosting or icing, of choice or
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or a 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- Dump the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, water and mayonnaise.
- Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the cake batter using a large spoon.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is done.
- Press the center of the cake in, using a finger.
- If it springs back, the cake is done.
- If not it needs more baking time.
- If using a bundt cake pan, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and follow the next 3 steps.
- Put a dinner plate or cake plate on top of the bundt cake pan. with the bottom of the plate facing you.
- Holding the bundt cake pan onto the plate, turn it over(you may need to use hot pads to do this).
- You may need to slightly shake the pan while it is on the plate to help loosen the cake from the pan.
- If using a 9x13x2 inch cake pan, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- If you are going to ice/frost the cake, allow the cake to completely cool.
- If you don't want to frost/ice the cake you can dust it with powdered sugar.