pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
packed brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) cans
2 -3 tablespoons
( may substitute 1 t. rum extract)
- Grease a 12-cup tube pan; sprinkle pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, add 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well to combine.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- Add flour mixture to batter one-third at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- To make glaze: melt the remainder of the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the remaining sugar and water; stir and bring to a boil (add more water sparingly if not the consistency you want).
- Remove pan from heat; add in rum; stir to combine.
- Poke holes in cake with a toothpick.
- Pour half the rum mixture over the cake.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the rum mixture over the cake.