fresh unpeeled large shrimp
fresh lime juice
vegetable oil, divided
ground red pepper
fresh cilantro stem
- Peel and devein shrimp. Combine lime juice, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, and next 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, gently squeezing to blend; add shrimp.
- Seal and chill mixture 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into thin'ribbons' with a vegetable peeler.
- Wrap each shrimp with a zucchini'ribbon', and secure with a wooden pick.
- Brush with remaining 5 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Grill without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) about 4 minutes.
- Brush with reserved marinade; turn and brush again.
- Grill 2 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve hot or at room temperature on a cilantro-lined platter, if desired.