1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
mashed potatoes, lukewarm
6 1/2-7 cups
- Dissolve yeast in water in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, shortening, eggs, potatoes, and 4 cups of flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough that is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let it warm up a while.
- Punch down and shape as desired.
- Let rise to double.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.